This blog is designed to give educators some background and tools for incorporating blogging into their curriculum.
RSS

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Your Assignment

HWDSB In-Service - Blogging in the Classroom
Tuesday, October 20th, 2009

Assignment

  1. Click the "Follow" tab to the left of the screen in the side navigation bar - this will add you to my blog as a follower, then I will add myself as a follower to your site (this is what you will do with your students as well). This way, as a teacher, I can easily see the blogs of my students and I will see the posts that they make in my "dashboard" without having to go to their sites everyday (you can have these sent to your portable devices and emails as well).

  2. Add a post to your blog discussing how you think blogs could be used in your classroom and curriculum. Be sure to provide rationale and what you would like the students to get out of the exercise.

  3. On my blog, a list of all of my followers will be generated (in this case, my students). Now you, too, can check out their blogs. See, we have become a community of bloggers in less than an hour. You will usually be good to go after 1.5 - 2 classes (book two days in the lab to be safe for setup and networking). Click on 2-3 of the "class" blogs, read their post on how they would use blogging in the classroom and then post a comment of feedback or discussion to their post.
Please be sure to ask any questions that you may have and stay in touch. Web 2.0 is all about sharing and collaboration!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. We hope that you have found this information worthwhile and enjoyable.